WOW! Travel & Cruises takes privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We collect, hold use and disclose information to carry out our functions and services to you under the Privacy Act 1988. We encourage you to read this Policy carefully. It will help you make informed decisions about sharing your personal information with us.
What personal information does WOW! Travel collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Common examples are an individual’s name, address, telephone numbers, date of birth, and commentary or opinion about a person.
We also collect personal information through our websites and social networking services such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest. We use this information to improve our website and provide you with travel information via social media or email at your request.
Collecting and holding personal information
- We collect personal information directly from you which are necessary to do business with you.
- The personal information that we collect about you may include your name, your business name, your ABN, your postal and street address, email addresses, telephone numbers, gender, role, signature, medical records, passports, visas, bank account details, travel memberships and travel preferences. We may also collect your payment information, such as your credit card or direct debit information to pay for products or services provided by us or through another travel supplier.
III. WOW! Travel may receive personal information from you about someone else. This may include personal information about your personnel, your clients or travel companions. If you provide WOW! Travel with personal information about someone else you must ensure that you are authorised to disclose that information to WOW! Travel and that WOW! Travel may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this policy.
- You must take reasonable steps to ensure the individual concerned, in point III. above, is aware of and/or consents to the matters outlined in this policy including the fact that their personal information is being collected, the purposes for which it is being collected, the intended recipients of that information, the individual’s right to obtain access to that information, WOW! Travel’s identity and how to contact WOW! Travel.
Use and disclosure of your information by WOW! Travel
WOW! Travel collects, holds and uses personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide travel related products and services
- to process payments
- for direct marketing
- to resolve queries, issues and/or complaints
- to provide further information about the products and services we provide
- any other purpose related to any of the above
WOW! Travel will use and disclose personal information for the purpose for which the personal information was initially collected. We may also use personal information for a purpose related to the initial purpose of collection if that other purpose would be within reasonable expectations.
WOW! Travel will not use or disclose the personal information of an individual or company for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which the information was collected without first obtaining express or implied consent from you.
You consent for the personal information which we collect from you or receive being processed, transferred and/or disclosed by us in the following circumstances:
- as permitted or required by law;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies, including to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- to third party suppliers of travel that assist us in providing products and services to you;
- to travel service providers including, but not limited to, airlines, hotels, transfer companies;
- to comply with a request from a qualified government department if we are satisfied that they have the authority to make such request;
- where we suspect that unlawful activity has been or may be engaged in and the personal information is a necessary part of our investigation or reporting of the matter;
WOW! Travel may however be required to disclose personal information without consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- if necessary to prevent a serious threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, the third parties may also be taken to have collected your personal information in their own right, for their internal use.
WOW! Travel may retain personal information within Australia or other parts of the world. On some occasions personal information may need to be transferred overseas in order to perform one of our service functions or activities to the extent and as necessary to enable them to perform their tasks.
These third parties may be provided with your personal information. These third parties are limited in their access of your personal information to the extent necessary to enable them to perform their tasks.
While personal information may be provided to these overseas service providers in order to enable them to perform the agreed tasks, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the service provider’s handling of personal information is subject to substantially similar rules as the Australian Privacy Principles. However, you agree that we will not be required to ensure their compliance with applicable privacy laws or otherwise be liable or accountable for how they handle your personal information. If you have any objections to your personal information or being disclosed to an overseas recipient, please advise us.
From time to time WOW! Travel may use personal information to send marketing material regarding our services and products including those products of other companies that we are working with. These communications will usually be via email. WOW! Travel will not provide personal access to your information to other companies we may be working with. If an individual does not wish to receive direct marketing information, that individual can contact us by emailing email@example.com .
WOW! Travel will take immediate steps to ensure that the individual does not receive any direct marketing information in future.
Security of personal information
WOW! Travel is committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers, and all data transferred between us and the application services is encrypted. We use firewalls and access logging tools to monitor access to our network and virus scanning tools with procedures in place to keep these up to date.
WOW! Travel will endeavour to stay vigilant in improving and maintaining, from time to time, the security and confidentiality of personal information. We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where your personal information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorised persons or in any unauthorised manner.
Information access and correction
You can choose not to provide your personal information or you may just want to deal with us anonymously or by use of a pseudonym. In such instances, we may not be able to provide you with the product you have requested or the level of service that you might expect from WOW! Travel. Any individual or company may request access to the personal and financial information WOW! Travel holds about them and seek correction of this information. Requests should be made in writing and addressed to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
There are circumstances under Australian privacy laws where WOW! Travel may not give you access to the personal information we hold about you, such as in instances where access would unreasonably affect someone else’s privacy or if providing you with access poses a serious threat to someone’s life, health or safety. WOW! Travel will endeavour to keep the personal information we hold about you accurate, up-to-date and complete. If you believe that our records need to be corrected, please contact us immediately and we will correct it.
Questions and Complaints
If you have any questions or complaints about our privacy handling process please contact the Privacy Officer by email at email@example.com or by calling the person you were dealing with. We will commit to respond within 30 days. If you are making a complaint and it takes longer to resolve, we will keep you up to date on the progress of the investigation.
If you disagree or are not satisfied with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org